WATER LEVEL MEASUREMENT SENSOR CNPa
Reliable and competitive:
The sensors used for water and / or wastewater applications face a series of limitations in the measurement of the level:
- Pressure sensors (especially those made of stainless steel) strongly show the deposition of material on the sensor (clog) resulting in error and / or inability to measure. They are also vulnerable to the corrosive environment in which they are called upon to function.
- Ultrasound measurement sensors have measurement reliability problems (due to “foam” – Pseudo echo- turbulence and waves).
The CNPA sensor of SOFREL, due to its design, has the following advantages:
- Reliability in measurement due to ceramic membrane which, in addition to precision, is easy to clean without allowing material to be deposited on the clog.
- Ease of installation close to the bottom (usually inside a pipe to avoid turbulence due to pump operation for example).
- It does not require external power supply, so it ensures continuity of measurement even in the absence of voltage in the power supply.
- The CNPA sensor with competitive market price and low operating and maintenance costs, helps keep the cost of the installation low.
By using the Sofrel S500 series or other remote terminal units and / or PLC’s, the CNPA Level Sensor significantly enhances telemetry and SCADA imaging:
- By continually measuring the level in a tank, both input and output can be calculated more accurately
- Ability to create and manage point-of-action start / stop points in relation to mechanical devices.
The SOFREL CNPA level sensor is a step forward in improving control and telemetry processes in wastewater and sewage plants, remaining technically in progress, competitive financially and reliable in its operation.