CONTRACT SIGNING TO D.E.Y.A. OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF THASOS.
Contract signing for the implementation titled:
‘’Supply, installation and startup of the remote-control and leak detection in consumption measuring devices system, of the water supply network of D.E.Y.A. THASOS’’ Sub-project 2 of the project ‘’Supply, installation and set in operation remote-control and leak detection system of the water supply network of D.E.Y.A THASOS’’
Operational Program: FILODIMOS I
PRIORITY AXIS: IMPROVEMENT OF WATER SUPPLY’S SUBSTRUCTURES
BUDGET: 1,660,383,00 € (excl. VAT)
FINANCING: MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
The purpose of the implementation is:
- The supply of a data collection system
- Supervisory control, automation and management of the operation of the facilities
- Integrated management of water resources through digital mapping of the water transmission / distribution network, interconnected via wireless communication devices
The main goal of this system is to continuously monitor and supervise important parameters of the operation of the water supply system, to collect and store relevant historical data, as well as to implement operations control of active elements of the water supply system.
In detail the implementation includes:
- Detailed design of the offered integrated system
- Supply and installation – configuration of the electronic hardware of the central control station
- Supply and installation of 6237 local consumption control stations.
- Supply and installation of the required for the operation system software.
- Supply and installation of all communications equipment for the system’s uninterrupted operation
- Supply and installation of required devices (wireless sensor for recording and transmitting
- Factory’s acceptance and on-site tests
- Completion and system operation delivery tests
- Plan’s delivery, operation and maintenance manuals
- Staff’s training of service, support and maintenance
- System operation and support during trial operation
- Warranty / good functioning maintenance for the period after the final quantitative and qualitative receipt of the commission
Brief Description of the System
The structure of the system includes:
- The separation of the water supply network of the settlements of the Municipality of Thasos, which belongs to D.E.Y.A.TH. in ten basic zones
- Local Consumer Control Stations – six thousand two hundred thirty-seven (6,237) – for recording and wirelessly transmitting the consumption data
- Central Control Station where all metering data are collected, recorded, displayed and processed
- Communication Network between the metering devices and the Central Control Station, which consists of handheld computers, intermediate assembly and transmission of measurements to the central station, via a suitable wireless or wired network.
- Specialized equipment for leak detection (digital correlator, pipe and cover detector, consumption receiving devices, acoustic leakage recorder with communication device, mobile network – leak detector).
With the system the utility is able to collect important information and actions such as:
- Recording of the instantaneous and total volume of water entering in each of the zones (cumulatively from the measurement of consumption)
- Immediate perception of internal network consumer leaks
- Dealing with the leaks through inventory and water balance calculations (zone consumption)
- Generating statistics for water meters’ subscription charges of the end users of each zone