CONTRACT SIGNING OF THE SERVICE: “SUPPORT OF DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION OF CRETE S.A. FOR THE YEAR 2019”
Signature of the Service Contract entitled:
“Support of Development Organization of Crete S.A. Services for the year 2019, concerning the maintenance and monitoring of the networks and other facilities as well as the operation of the quality control laboratory of Aposelemis Water Treatment plant (W.T.P.)”
DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION OF CRETE S.A.
The Development Organization of Crete S.A. was established in June 2013 with the merger of the Development Organizations of Western and Eastern Crete and the transfer of the responsibilities and projects of the Special Public Works Services.
The company operates to the benefit of the public interest, it is a public utility provider that supplies goods and services which avail public purposes and is supervised by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport.
The headquarters of the Organization are in Chania, (Crete) with branches in Heraklion, Rethymno and Lassithi.
The purposes and responsibilities of the Organization are to design, study, manufacture, exploit, manage and supervise:
- The Trans-European Road Network of Crete
- Hydraulic Works
- Watering networks
- The development of RES projects
- Water management plans, costing and pricing of water services
- The automation systems of the hydro-irrigation networks
- Urban development and transport projects
- Upgrading and extension of the existing automation system of the hydro-irrigation networks
- Boost local development and entrepreneurship
Water barriers and reservoirs of the Development Organization
Aposselemis water barrier was constructed by the General Secretariat for Public Works with the Managing Authority of Water Supply of Heraklion – Agios Nikolaos and completed in 2012. From 2013 belongs to the projects of the Development Organization of Crete S.A. The purpose of its construction is to strengthen the water supply of the wider areas of Heraklion and Agios Nikolaos. It is located between the settlements of Potamia and Avdos, about 30 km east of the city of Heraklion.
The reservoir is supplied with an aqueduct about 74 km long, the cities of Heraklion and Ag. Nicholas, as well as 6 Municipalities and 19 settlements along the axis Linoperamata – Heraklion – Hersonissos – Limits of Prefectures Heraklion and Lasithi – Neapoli – Ag. Nicholas – Elounda. The average annual water abstraction is about 17 x 106 m3.
Projects of the Aposelemis reservoir water barrier from the Lassithi Plateau
The project analyzes the construction of the following:
- Lassithi Plateau water diversion projects (Chonos sink isolation project and regulation of allowances for the enhancement of the Aposelemis Water barrier reservoir, Adaptation ditches in the Lassithi Plateau, Waterworks Project, Access Roads).
- Lassithi Plateau tunnel tunneling (Opening and construction of the Plateau Tunnel of total length in a horizontal projection of 3,425,50m, with a TBM cutting machine and placing a Ø1800 steel tube therein).
- Downstream works of the Plateau Tunnel Waters (Falling duct about 3550m in length, Falling energy destruction project, Electromechanical installations Roads to the downstream tunnel, Configuration of the tunnel exit).
- Aposelemis settlement stream.