CONTRACT SIGNING OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF SARONIKOS
Contract signing for the implementation titled:
‘’SUPPLY, INSTALLATION, REMOTE-CONTROL AND LEAK DETECTION MONITORING SYSTEM OF THE EXISTING EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL WATER NETWORK OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF SARONIKOS’’
Program: FILODIMOS I
Priority Axis: Infrastructures’ of water supply networks improvement
Budget: 2,993,326.75 € (excluding VAT)
Funding: Ministry of Interior
The contract aims to install and operate an integrated control system of important parameters (supply, pressure, etc.) of the entire water supply network of the Municipality, it also includes, the trial operation and the staff’s training.
The main goal is to supply and install equipment to drastically reduce leaks in water supply zones of the internal and external water supply network of the settlements of the municipality of Saronikos.
The suggested study concerns the «Supply, installation, remote-control and leak detection monitoring system of the existing external and internal water network of the municipality of Saronikos» to ensure the adequacy of drinking water in areas of responsibility, which have a deficient water balance, a large percentage of non-priced water, frequent breakage problems and many leaks, due to the special conditions of the area and network design as well as the large variation in consumption, due to the intense tourist season.
The specific areas were selected based on the percentage of losses they show which reaches 37%. Another important parameter in this choice, was also the antiquity of the internal and external network, which ranges from about 38 to 40 years.
After the implementation of the suggested study, there will be a 75% reduction in leaks, a percentage that corresponds to an additional population of 38.002 inhabitants.
The purpose of the system is:
- Continuous monitoring and supervision of important parameters of the water supply system
- The collection and storage of relevant historical data of the water supply system
More specifically, the implementation includes:
- Detailed design of the offered integrated system
- Supply and installation of the electronic hardware of the Central Control Station (Server, Client, printers, projection screens, etc.) as well as application software.
- Supply and installation of the 6 Internal Network Stations, as well as the required equipment to existing wells.
- Supply and installation of the 35 External Network Control Stations, as well as the required equipment.
- Supply and installation of the 6,150 Consumer Control Stations, as well as their required equipment.
- Supply and installation of all the required software for system operation.
- Supply and installation of all the communication equipment, including any antennas-transmitters required for the smooth and uninterrupted operation of the system, as well as the submission of applications for granting approvals by the competent services of communication systems or any other services or entities are required.
- Supply and installation of all appliances are mentioned in the study.
- Factory acceptance tests and on the spot acceptance tests.
- Work completion tests and delivery of the system.
- Plans’, operation’s and maintenance’s delivery.
- Staff’s training of the service in functions, system support and maintenance.
- Free warranty/ good maintenance for the period after the Definitive Quantitative and Qualitative receipt of the system.