CONTRACT SIGNING OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF IERAPETRA.
Contract signing for the implementation titled:
‘’SUPPLY, INSTALLATION, REMOTE-CONTROL AND LEAK DETECTION MONITORING SYSTEM OF THE EXISTING EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL WATER NETWORK OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF IERAPETRA’’
Program: Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development
Budget: 700,000.00 (Vat excluded)
Funding: Ministry of Environment and Energy
The purpose of the implementation is:
- Continuous monitoring and supervision of important operating parameters of the water supply system (supply, pressure etc.).
- Collection and storage of relevant historical data, and control handling of the active elements of the water supply system.
More specifically, the implementation includes:
- Detailed design of the offered integrated system
- Supply and installation of the electronic hardware (Server, Client, printers, projection screens, etc.) of the central control station.
- Integration of old local control stations into the new monitoring system so that it operates as a single integrated system.
- Incorporate the existing system into the new monitoring system, so that it supports secure data retention.
- Supply and installation of (9) local control stations, (8) internal network control stations, as well as one (1) Quality Control Station in peripheral drilling, as well as their required equipment.
- Supply and installation of all software required for system’s operation.
- Supply and installation of all communication equipment, as well as the submission of applications for the granting of approvals by the competent services of the communication systems or any other services or entities required.
- Supply and installation of all the appliances are referred in the study (level meters, pressure supply, etc.)
- Factory acceptance tests and on the spot acceptance tests.
- Plans delivery, operation and maintenance manuals (documentation).
- Training of the service’s staff in the functions, support and maintenance of the system
- Operation, support and maintenance of the system during the trial operation (12 months)
The municipality of Ierapetra, with this supply, aims at full control and supervision of the overall network. Through this audit, the benefits that the municipality of Ierapetra will immediately receive are:
- Monitoring and continuous recording of cubic meters of water that are collected at the external aqueduct.
- Monitoring and continuous recording of cubic meters of water that supply the city
- Monitoring and continuous recording of cubic meters of water that are distributed in the various sectors (of the sub-networks) of the internal network.
- From the above two and in combination with the final charges to the consumers of each department, indirect perception of leaks in any area of the internal network. Also, determination of the unrecognized water as well as the possibility of evaluating the measurement of registration of the existing water meters.
- Calculation and recording of night consumption of the entire network with the result of the immediate recognition of possible leaks per network segment.
- Monitoring and recording of the network pressures for the immediate leak perception.
- Ability to produce consumption statistics over time leading to the ability of drawing useful conclusions and the ability to predict and plan.
- Ability of automatic pressure adjustment and consequently the significant and effective reduction of invisible leaks during times when there is no demand from consumers.
- Checking the overflow of the tank level through the control of pumps – drilling leading to the reduction of water waste.
- Energy savings from controlled pump operation.
- Increase of pump’s life by the ability of ‘’smart’’ operation of the pumps but also by continuous monitoring of parameters such as power supply hours, power monitoring on the electric motor’s shaft etc.
- Continuous recording of consumption (of the outputs of the tanks as well as the inputs of the sub-networks of the internal network) which provides useful and direct information on serious leaks.
- Minimize pump shutdown due to problems and therefore maximize citizen’s continuous water supply needs.
- Reduction of the reaction time to deal with any damage that may occur.
The monitoring, recording and analysis of the data as well as the manipulations will be done by the computer of the control center.